Saturday, April 4, 2009

I think I relapsed...

I have been doing so good, haven’t used a credit card in like 53 days, and I totally fell off the wagon today. The worse part is that I used the one credit card that I still carry in my wallet at the POST OFFICE!! My little sister’s birthday is next Friday and being that she lives in another country, I can’t procrastinate when it comes to sending gifts. I procrastinated. It was suppose to be a quick and inexpensive trip to the post office, but when I finally got up to the counter after waiting in line for 20 freaking minutes I found out that I had 2 options; 6-10 business days for $2.80 or 3-5 business days for $27.95. Her birthday is next Friday, so that is 5 business days. I have $28.17 in my checking account until next Thursday; can I live on 22 cents for 6 days? Ugh. Guess which one I picked? At least it wasn’t something selfish like shoes or a bag, right? Yes, I could have gone the cheap route, but what if it takes 10 days? I was up until 2am yesterday making her birthday present (I made her a home video on windows moviemaker!), I will be damned if she doesn’t get it on her birthday! So $36.35 later I’m sitting in my car kicking myself for falling off the wagon (I bought a book of stamps too. What?! I figured if I’m gonna use my credit card I need something tangible to show for it!). I know you are thinking 36 bucks isn’t a lot of money….well, it is when you are on a tight budget and EVERY penny is accounted for. Plus, I just spent $76.83 at western union to send her 40 Euros for her birthday (It’s amazing how many fees they charge!!) I actually considered just going to the airport buying the 40 Euros at one of those currency exchange places and just send it with her birthday gift, but then I had a flashback to the time I sent 300 Euros (in the mail like a DUMB ASS) and it got “lost” and she never got it. That still makes me sick. So anyways, I’m hoping my big ass back on the wagon…Restart the clock, back to day 1 credit-card-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss tracker...