Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back on the wagon…

Financial diet update:
A lot has happened over the last week for me financially. First- I took out the loan for $20, 000 to pay off my credit cards… the percentage rate is still a little high (9.25%) but quite a bit lower than the interest on the credit cards.

This is kinda disturbing, but after taking out the loan, I still had about $2,900 outstanding balances on credit cards (the max amount for a personal loan was $20,000) - so I held my breath, closed my eyes and withdrew the $2,900 from my savings account to pay it off. The good news is, I now only (only??) have $20,000 in debt- and just the one loan (besides my student loans) to pay off. The bad news… my savings has shrunk considerably… but at least for a good reason, so I guess technically there is no bad news.

I have also (finally) removed the little plastic devils from my wallet- for real this time- and I have placed them in a safe place at home where I can’t make frivolous spur of the moment purchases.

I can’t remember the last time I have had zero balances on my credit cards…. Wait, maybe that is because I never have had zero balances on my credit cards.

Regardless, it feels good to know that I am making progress in the right direction. Now, I just have to stick with it. I want to be debt free- at least free of credit card debt by the time I am 30. I want to get married and buy a home and be able to afford to have kids and have a good life…. I don’t want to constantly be worried about what I owe to whom.

I’ve updated my finances in the column to the right. The Donate button is still up and running, so if you are able to, please donate whatever you can. .50 cents, $1.00, $5…. Whatever you can it would be greatly appreciated!

Weight-loss diet update:

Nada.

I’m getting fat again.

Holding steady at 183 and I haven’t been working out.

I’m trying desperately to get back on the wagon. But I have gotten sooooo lazy. My plan is to go to the gym every night this week and not to have any soda or junk food. Can you belive that? I started drinking soda again. *shaking my head at wasted empty calories*

I have to do something quick- J and I are heading to Vegas this weekend for her Cousins wedding and I need to be able to fit into my dress… it’s a little snug right now. :-/

I’ll let you know how it goes…

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss tracker...