Thursday, February 4, 2010

I can FLY......

Skydiving may be the most amazing, insanely cool thing that I have ever done!

It was terrifying, freeing and thrilling all at the same time. I LOVED it! The only problem now… is that I am looking for that ‘free-falling’ feeling again and I can’t seem to get it from anything else! I can’t even explain it. When I was sitting in front of the open door of the plane getting hit by the wind and staring down at the earth I got this adrenaline rush and a petrifying calmness… then all of a sudden my tandem instructor vaults us out of the plane and we are tumbling through the sky at a speed that I have NEVER felt. I literally felt like I was flying. For the first few seconds I don’t think I was even breathing… I was in shock! Once I regained my breath I screamed and yelled and cheered and just could not stop SMILING! It was just amazing… To let go of all control like that (and still be ok)… just amazing.

After we landed safely I promised myself that I was going to leave all my control issues and insecurities in the sky. Time for me to let go…. Things work out as they should, and I have to learn to trust that.

I want to do it again!

So from now on whenever I am down or sad… or just not feeling ‘it’… I’m gonna watch my skydive video and get high all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss tracker...